Just started testing VirusScan 8.7i Patch 3 on select test systems using my Test EPO 4.0 server. Have noticed that the two XP & one Vista system all installed the Patch with no problems. This is done by using a "Update Now" task that install the Patch.
However, The Windows 7 RTM system is not downloading the deployment task and therefore not updating. This used to be an issue with the previous patch where you had to remove and recreate all deployment/update tasks. I thought that this would be fixed in the new Patch 3 extensions.
Is anyone else having issues with the deployment of Patch 3 to Windows 7 systems?
Finally got it fixed by running the following query against my database. There was a knowledge article that referenced it.
DECLARE @ProductCode NVARCHAR(100)
DECLARE @PlatformCode NVARCHAR(100)
SET @ProductCode = 'EPOAGENTMETA'
SET @PlatformCode = 'WNT7W'
SET [PlatformsSupported] = [PlatformsSupported]+'|'+@PlatformCode,
[TheTimestamp] = @@DBTS
WHERE [ProductCode] = @ProductCode
AND [PlatformsSupported] NOT LIKE '%'+@PlatformCode+'%'
AND [PlatformsSupported] LIKE '%WXPW%'
GOMessage was edited by: twenden on 3/11/10 9:38:45 AM CST
something simular happend to me...on my own workstation (windows 7 professional 64bit)
my setup was before i upgraded: EPO 4.5 with patch 1 and VSE 8.7 with patch 2
I updated my epo server with patch 3 for VSE 8.7
deployment fails with VSE8.7 and the antispyware module.. but the only error i get in the log is "error occurred while installing" the antispyware package.
doesnt help uninstalling and then re-deploy ....finally i got pissed and installed microsoft's free antivirus client so my workstation would have protection over the weekend until i figure what the problem is
but the error occurres on random computers with windows 7