cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 RTM + VSE 8.7 P2 + MA 4.0 P3 = no client policy enforcement

This is rediculous. Was everyone else also under the impression that this was supposed to be fixed with yesterday's Patch releases?

How can you possibly claim zero day protection with this kind of performance and support?
24 Replies

RE: Windows 7 RTM + VSE 8.7 P2 + MA 4.0 P3 = no client policy enforcement

The policies seem to be enforcing fine. The tasks, on the other hand, need to be re-created in order to populate the Win7 installations.

I'm getting neither policies nor tasks - but I'll give it a go with a new task and see if it filters down. thanks.

Okay - MA 4.0 does have the appropriate ASCI and enforcement time set (not default - 90 minutes), but any task or policy associated with VSE 8.7 will not apply. Tried to create a new task for VSE update and didn't see it added to the scheduler in VSE although Agent Monitor said it did add it.

ePO 4 or 4.5?
I'm having success with 4.5.

If ePO 4, did you check in the MAP3 extenstion?

Note...the readme for Patch 3 says to checkin the extension in ePO 4.5 although you cannot as it has a newer version.

Got mine to work - make sure extensions for VSE P2 and MA P3 are installed in the ePO server (VSE extension - VIRUSCAN8700.ZIP - is located within the downloaded zip file, needs to be extracted before you can access it from the console).

Recreate all tasks in groups\OU's where Win 7 clients exist.

Thanks Jeff!

heh..oh yah...I forgot that I checked in the vse 8.7 p2 extensions 🙂

I don't understand why they bury them in the patch zip when you don't have to extract it to check in the patch itself...

glad you got it working...I just finished recreating all my client tasks so all my win7 stuff is looking pretty good...

only issue i have now is hips won't group with the agent icon (ma 4.5 rc) in systray on win7 x64...and vse won't group on win7 x64 with ma 4p3...cosmetic tho

So I have epo 3.61. I have checked in the agent 4 p3 but only have v8.71 P1 and hotfix checked into epo (i want to test out P2 a little more).

On a windows 7 machine with the agent 4 p3 and virusscan 8.7 p2, I cannot get any deployment tasks. In epo 3.61 i don't know how to recreate the deployment task...
Dvanmeter
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 25

After you check in Patch 3 extension you need to recreate your Windows Deployment Tasks and update tasks. After than they should work. Did the trick for me on my windows 7 client

How does one recreate a deployment task using epo 3.61?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community