Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
d0x
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Windows 2008 R2 support

Was trying to setup a ePO 4.5 on Windows 2008 R2 64bits with a SQL Server 2008 SP1 and seems Windows 2008 R2 is not supported. ePO refuses to install because of the Windows version.

These kind of checks are completely lame, because it would run just fine. And if it didn't it would my own fault for trying something not supported.

Also have to check if VSE 8.7 Patch 1 supports the new R2 Server.

Anyone has tried this before or has a workaround?
4 Replies
ColtB
Level 7
Message 2 of 5

RE: Windows 2008 R2 support

to install ePO 4.5 on Server 2008 R2 place an empty file in the root of your install directory named SkipOS.Ini (..\EPO450L\SkipOS.Ini) you will then get the following message when you run setup.

Re: RE: Windows 2008 R2 support

Just installed ePO4.5 on Windows 2008r2 server. All seems to be working fine....

The strange is that all ePO components (Apache, Tomcat, EventParser) are 32 bit applications. Whole ePO installed in "Program Files(x86)" folder.

McAfee claims they support 64 bit systems - is there any 64 bit version of epo?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: RE: Windows 2008 R2 support

No seperate version of ePO 4.5 for 64bit machine.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Re: Windows 2008 R2 support

Yes, ePO 4.5 will be supported on Win 2008 R2 from patch1, which will be releasing this month end.

VSE 8.7 with patch2 is supported on Win 2008 R2

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community