cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2000 server management

Hi Everyone,

I am upgrading the ePO to 5.3.1 from 4.6.7.

As the McAfee agents needs to be upgraded, we have windows 2000 servers in our environment.

I would like to manage these 2000 servers by any other available options.

Please suggest how I can manage them.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!

12 Replies

Re: Windows 2000 server management

You should be able to follow the steps in the below link. I have 5.1.1 in my environment and I am still able to manage Windows 2000 machines with a little effort but the agent will report in a version 4.

You can also make a custom .exe on the Windows 2000 machines with the iexpress utility (very easy to use) to make installing on a few machines easier.

IExpress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi, Thanks for your response.

However I am unable to install the agent with the command you provided.

Am getting error as framepkg is not a valid win32 application.

Also, I tried to update the DAT using the internet by editing the Auto update repository list to internet.

Thats failing as well.

Without adding the server into ePO, will it be possible to update the DAT manually using internet.

Thanks in advance.

Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 13

Do you have agent 4.0patch4 ? that is the one you need. 4.5, 4.6, 4.8 won't work

Hi,

I am trying to manage my servers as standalone machines. Because I don't have 4.0 patch 4 agent.

Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 13

If you devices are not managed (aka not running a managed agent) and they have access to the internet, then just updating the update list will do it. If they need to use a proxy, then also configure a proxy.

Worst case, you have to download the xdat from mcafee and update manually.

You might also be able to ask support for agent 4.0patch 4

Yes, That is what I wanted to do. I have internet access on the machines and would like to schedule the auto update from internet.

I have updated the proxy details, still the upgrade fails, but downloading the DAT and manual installation is success.

Sure, I will seek the support for agent 4.0 patch 4.

Thank you for your advise.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Could be a proxy authentication issue  since the update runs under the system account.

I verified the proxy settings and tried by providing the credentials and without credentials as well.

Getting the error as "Unable to find a valid repository ". But normally I am able to access internet from the IE browser.

Any logs I can refer to check the exact issue?

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I would talk to you proxy guys to confirm the IP of your win2k servers is whitelisted to access mcafee websites. They can also tell you if the are dropping the connection.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator