cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Windows 2000 server management

To create the 4.0 package just follow the steps exactly. The only items i have in the folder before running iexpress are

cleanup.exe

FrmInst.exe

MFEagent.msi

reqseckey.bin

SiteList.xml

srpubkey.bin

Run iexpress on the windows 2000 machine and it should work fine. We are running ePO 5.1.1 with the latest version of the agent and VSE, and these steps still work for me to manage Windows 2000 machines.

Hi,

I used the ixpress and was able to create a file with the extension SED.

How can I use this and install the agent?

Any commands that I have to use to create the file?

Is there any steps that you can share with me regarding this..

Appreciate your response.

Highlighted

I am not sure where you got the .sed file extension, you should be able to put .exe. After I created the .exe, I just ran it as normal and the agent was installed.

The other option is command line. That link shows this command "framepkg.exe /install=agent /siteinfo=<full path of sitelist.xml>". You could try running that command with some framepkg file, or with frminst.exe. Its been a while but I remember one of those working too, just making the .exe was easier for multiple servers.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community