cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harris_s
Level 9

Windows 10 protection.

Are there any caveats for using epo/virusscan with Windows 10 (1607). I have a fully patched epo system with latest agent and virusscan, yet am unable to deploy agent etc to any of them! Of the 2 that I manually installed agent on they are showing a noncompliant in epo and I'm unable to manage them. I send a agent deployment task which says is 100% successfull but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Any ideas as software is useless on this OS for us at the moment.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tao
Level 13

Re: Windows 10 protection.

Windows 10/1607 minimum Agent 5.0.4 or 4.8.0.2043 and VSE 8.8.0 Patch 8 - There may be some log info in C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs pertaining to an error or review the eventlog during the installation; maybe it's a simple permission issue.

0 Kudos
johnmoe
Level 11

Re: Windows 10 protection.

Win 10 version 1607 is the Anniversary Update; as ​ says, there are minimum versions needed for several McAfee products (and many non-McAfee products) to be compatible with that update.  A good listing of Win10 compatibility can be found here (ignore the title, it's not just about the Anniversary Update): McAfee Corporate KB - REDIRECTED - Incompatibility between the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and mul...