Did you mean: 
Highlighted
avilt
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 19

Windows 10 Unable to Deploy ePO Agent

Jump to solution

I am unable to deploy McAfee Agent 5.6.1 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1903.

ePO version is 5.10.1 with ENS.

Windows Defender, Firewall, UAC is disabled. Systems is in the local LAN without firewall. I am able to ping and access windows shares.

Following are the error under task log

a) Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error, Access is denied

b) Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error, The network path was not found.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 19

Re: Windows 10 Unable to Deploy ePO Agent

Jump to solution

I believe you have to use the June bundle or one later, as the installer for the May bundle didn't have a full installer for 1903.  It only supported upgrading a previous version.  So for fresh installs, you need a later package.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi @avilt,

I would agree with @cdinet on this. Just to clarify, the package you are looking for is July repost or October Package.

Essentially May update was designed to enable users to perform in place Windows upgrade if they already had ENS installed and running on them (version 10.5.5 or 10.6.1). So May update package was never a full install package! We have the July repost and October versions available for download that should definitely help you with the Installation issue. I would recommend using October update owing to the issues addressed in it that includes a critical CVE addressed. This should resolve the reported issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
18 Replies
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 19

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your query

The Error messages 

a) Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error, Access is denied

b) Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error, The network path was not found.

The above mentioned error messages clearly mention that the issue is with the account you are using for deployment of the Agent. 

Make sure you are using an account which has domain admin rights

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 19

Jump to solution

Please refer to the below screenshotCredetentials for agent deployment.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 19

Jump to solution

Hi @avilt

Issue seems to be circling around Authentication.

• May I know if the credentials have been verified ( I might sound silly, however, usually turns out to be the reason most of the time)?
  • Are they Domain User credentials?
  • Have you tried using Local admin credentials for one sample machine while deploying agent (use "." in the place of domain name).
  • Also can you please confirm Administrator credentials are being used for deployment purposes?

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 19

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I would like to suggest you to check Server.log and also please refer the KB56386 if the server logs matches the error.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56386

I also request you to please check the Admin$ is accessible or not.

The credentials which you are using is correct or not?

Please make sure that you are using local admin credentials.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee Thussain
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 19

Jump to solution

The following environmental requirements are necessary to successfully send an agent installation from the ePO server or remote Agent Handler to a client.

• Enable all of the following on the network and the client computer:
    • NetBIOS protocol
    • Network protocols and ports required for machine name resolution
    • ADMIN$ share
    • File and Print sharing
    • Server service
    • Remote Registry service

Example: From the ePO server operating system, press Windows+R and run the following:

\\Hostname\admin$

If prompted for credentials, this is the restriction affecting the task to transfer agent installer package to the client machine.

Ensure the credentials used for the push from the ePO server or remote Agent Handler have local administrative rights on the client. Additionally, disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows to successfully push an agent

Please refer to the below KB article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB56386

Was my reply helpful?
avilt
Level 8
Message 7 of 19

Jump to solution

The user name password was correct but I was not using built-in administrator. 

I enabled built-in admin and now it started working.

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 19

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

We are glad to assist you! 🙂

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

avilt
Level 8
Message 9 of 19

Jump to solution

Now I was able to deploy McAfee agent, but when I deploy ENS platform, the task is shown as successful but the packages never gets deployed. How can I trace the root cause?

McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 19

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm whether you are using Run Client Task now or Scheduled task.

If it is showing as successful, try to go Windows>Temp and see the logs.

If the deployment is successful please wait for next asci , Once the asci will get completed the properties of the client machine will be available to the ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community