cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will VSE get DAT updates with our EPO is offline?

We are in the process of migrating our EPO to a newer EPO server. There are some remaining computers that we were not able to get the new agent on. If we decommission our old EPO server, will the VSE that has the agent connect to the old EPO still get updates after the EPO is decommissioned? i.e. getting the updates from the mcafee website?
2 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Will VSE get DAT updates with our EPO is offline?

Hi User70826106,

It depends on how you have configured your repository in Agent policy. If you have set McAfee HTTP as Fallback, then yes Agent will get update from McAfee HTTP if it is unable to reach any of the repository configured in Agent policy.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Will VSE get DAT updates with our EPO is offline?

If you have distributed repositories, the clients will still use them to get whatever content is in them at the time.  So before any upgrade, you could run a pull task and replication to make sure they have the latest content.  One day behind should not be critical, however.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community