cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the McAfee Agent Deploying to some machines?

Jump to solution

I have checked McAfee Agent 4.0 Patch 3 into my current repository but dont understand why some machines are installing it.  I cannot see any tasks configured to install the latest agent and I have unticked McAfee Agent from global updating.

Why are some machines installing it?

We are using ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 and the majority of machines are still using McAfee Agent 4.0.1421.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why is the McAfee Agent Deploying to some machines?

Jump to solution

The deployment task for the agent is not version-specific, as you can only have one agent in any given branch - so if you have a deployment task set to install the agent (as opposed to "agent version $foo") then this would cause the machines to upgrade the agent if a newer version was checked in. I don't know if that matches what you're seeing?

Regards -

Joe

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

The deployment task for the agent is not version-specific, as you can only have one agent in any given branch - so if you have a deployment task set to install the agent (as opposed to "agent version $foo") then this would cause the machines to upgrade the agent if a newer version was checked in. I don't know if that matches what you're seeing?

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Joe.

I have just found agent update task causing the update.  The other installed it were picked up by Lost and Found.

Thanks.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

That's a bit odd - agents should only be upgraded by a deployment task, not an update task...

As long as you've got to the bottom of it

Joe