cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Which policy is keeping the DAT file up-to-date on clients?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I see that our ePo server is getting the latest DAT file (8574) and that worksrtations and servers are gradually getting this file too, but where is the agent task on the ePo server please as I want to see how it is configured?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tao
Level 13

Re: Which policy is keeping the DAT file up-to-date on clients?

Jump to solution

Yup, that sounds about right...These are the steps I have used before:

1) Client Task Catalog / McAfee AgentSmiley Tongueroduct Update / New Task: Product Update / Create Task Name / Selected PackagesSmiley Tongueackage types / Save

2) Same screen as above - Click Assign / Select Group / Ok

3) Navigate to Group / Assigned Client Tasks / Edit / Create appropriate Schedule for your environment / Save

As for every hour, you may consider spreading the traffic out by choosing: Schedule Type: Daily: Every Day / Start Time 7AM: Run at that time and then repeat until 6.59AM - repeat every 1hr / Options: Enable randomization 1hr & Run missed task 5 minute delay

0 Kudos
8 Replies
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Actual Client Task Catalog / McAfee AgentSmiley Tongueroduct Update ... Scheduled update may be found under System Tree / Assigned Client Tasks

0 Kudos
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Jump to solution

That is the thing, there is nothing in there, so I'm not sure how they are updating

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Take a look under your Policy Catalog / Repository ... you may have McAfee set as a fallback

0 Kudos
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is what I see (think it is this one), doesn't say how often either, do you think I need to do something better?

epo1.JPG

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

How often would usually be under System Tree / Assigned Client Tasks - Check the VSE console on one of the systems - AutoUpdate may be configured there.

0 Kudos
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Jump to solution

How should client be normally configured to update their Dat file from the ePo server as and when a new one comes in?

Something like this I found?

Menu --> Policy --> Client Task Catalog, Hit the 'New Task' button at the bottom of the page. Select 'Product Update' and hit 'OK'. Name your new task (I chose Deploy DAT). Then save.

Next, Go to 'System Tree', and choose 'Assigned Client Tasks' at the top of the page. Click 'Actions' at the bottom of the page, and choose 'New Client Task Assignment'. Choose 'McAfee Agent' in the first column, 'Product Update' in the second, and you new task (Deploy DAT) in the third, then click 'Next'. Set Schedule Type to 'Run hourly',

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution

Yup, that sounds about right...These are the steps I have used before:

1) Client Task Catalog / McAfee AgentSmiley Tongueroduct Update / New Task: Product Update / Create Task Name / Selected PackagesSmiley Tongueackage types / Save

2) Same screen as above - Click Assign / Select Group / Ok

3) Navigate to Group / Assigned Client Tasks / Edit / Create appropriate Schedule for your environment / Save

As for every hour, you may consider spreading the traffic out by choosing: Schedule Type: Daily: Every Day / Start Time 7AM: Run at that time and then repeat until 6.59AM - repeat every 1hr / Options: Enable randomization 1hr & Run missed task 5 minute delay

0 Kudos
g0nz0uk
Level 7

Jump to solution

All set thanks.

Any way to change this (when users are not on the network and can't get to the epo server)

epo2.JPG

0 Kudos