Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjo98
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Which items to check in my repository pull task

We run VirusScan 8.5 and 8.7, both with the anti-spyware module, working toward 8.7 only.

In my scheduled pull for the master repository, I only have DAT and Engine checked under what packages to update.  I don't want it to automatically push new patches out to my machines without me testing it first, but is there anything else i should probably have checked to get the most out of the products I'm using?

6 Replies

Re: Which items to check in my repository pull task

I think DATs and Engine is enough for your products.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

If you are pulling from the McAfee http or ftp common updater sites, you dont have to worry about patches for point products. These are not posted to the common updater site anyway.

The option to update patches would only come in to play in the scenario where you have a custom configured source repository with patches checked in.

rjo98
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for confirming about the patches.

Looking at the available choices, i guess the couple i was wondering about moreso are the PUP DAT and the two Antispam Engine and Rule Update.

Should those be approved?  since I dont have the anti-spam ones checked (not sure why there's two different versions) does that mean my antispam module isn't being effective because its not updating regularly?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Sorry about the late reply...Please refer to KB60770 which describes each of the packages that are part of the McAfee common updater site.

HTH

Sailendra

rjo98
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Sailendra.  I see that the anti-spam engine is for is for SCM.  But what should I do for the Buffer Overflow DAT for VSE?  and now when i look in my ePO's options of what can be pulled I dont even have an option for PUP dat, which i thought i did before.

It looks like now the PUP Dat is part of the VSE Dat because I either can't download it even with the AntiSpyware package checked into ePO's repository.

An dfor the BOF Dat you should download it as now McAfee delivers it as a regular update, not only packaged with VSE patches like before