cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlampert
Level 9

Where to change McAgee Agent Administrator Password?

Jump to solution

I could of swore I saw this in a policy but cannot find it on the ePO server??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taziegma
Level 10

Re: Where to change McAgee Agent Administrator Password?

Jump to solution

This is not a McAfee Agent password, per se. It is Endpoint Security 10 asking for a password. It can be changed via the Policy Catalog under Endpoint Security Common policies.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmc
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi you can save/modify the agent administrator password in Credentials for agent installation: section only.(system tree->new system->Credentials for agent installation: ) Note:select the check box Remember my credentials for future deployments .

Hope this is what you are looking for?

0 Kudos
wlampert
Level 9

Jump to solution

I don't think this is what I was looking for? So currently, when you attempt to uninstall the McAfee agent or product from a machine (Add/remove Programs) it prompts for a password, which the default is "McAfee". Same for if you open Endpoint Security window on a machine and want to edit local settings in there, you have to select "Administrator Log On" then prompts for a password, which has a default password. I want to change those passwords to be something else.

I've attached examples of what I'm referring to.

Example 1.JPGExample 2.JPG

0 Kudos
tao
Level 13

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
taziegma
Level 10

Jump to solution

This is not a McAfee Agent password, per se. It is Endpoint Security 10 asking for a password. It can be changed via the Policy Catalog under Endpoint Security Common policies.

0 Kudos