cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to change McAgee Agent Administrator Password?

Jump to solution

I could of swore I saw this in a policy but cannot find it on the ePO server??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Where to change McAgee Agent Administrator Password?

Jump to solution

This is not a McAfee Agent password, per se. It is Endpoint Security 10 asking for a password. It can be changed via the Policy Catalog under Endpoint Security Common policies.

4 Replies
kmc
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi you can save/modify the agent administrator password in Credentials for agent installation: section only.(system tree->new system->Credentials for agent installation: ) Note:select the check box Remember my credentials for future deployments .

Hope this is what you are looking for?

Jump to solution

I don't think this is what I was looking for? So currently, when you attempt to uninstall the McAfee agent or product from a machine (Add/remove Programs) it prompts for a password, which the default is "McAfee". Same for if you open Endpoint Security window on a machine and want to edit local settings in there, you have to select "Administrator Log On" then prompts for a password, which has a default password. I want to change those passwords to be something else.

I've attached examples of what I'm referring to.

Example 1.JPGExample 2.JPG

Reliable Contributor tao
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Not sure if this will help:  McAfee Corporate KB - Password requirements for Endpoint Security and SaaS Endpoint Protection KB799...

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
Highlighted

Jump to solution

This is not a McAfee Agent password, per se. It is Endpoint Security 10 asking for a password. It can be changed via the Policy Catalog under Endpoint Security Common policies.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community