cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is updaterui.exe in Agent 5.6.x ?

Hello everybody,

in McAfee Agent 5.0.x i find my updaterui.exe in the Agent Folder in "x86". It is to show the Agent tray icon, if it is hide with an ePO Policy.

Now, how can i show the tray icon in Agent 5.6.x ? There is no folder like "x86" or a file like "updaterui.exe"

9 Replies
AdithyanT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: Where is uiupdater.exe in Agent 5.6.x ?

Hi @MohnJackAfee,

Thank you for your post. Just to clarify, Are you looking for UpdaterUI.exe?

If YES, then kindly please look into:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86.

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Hi, thank you!

yes, i mean updaterui.exe, but in the new Agent version i can´t find it anymore.

There is no C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86 folder or a updaterUI file. Only in the old versions.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Hi @MohnJackAfee,

That is very weird. I am running 5.6.2 on my test machine and I can find this file there. Have you looked into ProgramFiles(x86) folder?

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Hi @MohnJackAfee,

If your goal is to bring up the Agent status ,monitor or the tray icon, Can you kindly try the following?

Can you try opening command prompt and trying this?

cd C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent

Hit enter.

cmdagent.exe -s

Hit enter.

Please let me know if you can see the Agent status monitor and the tray icon in the status tray?

Also please let me know if you are running a 32 bit or 64 bit OS.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
LKS McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

If you do not see updaterui.exe file under "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\x86", then it might be under Program Files X86 incase if you have changed the installation path.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

If a system was upgraded from an older version, it could be installed in a different path and that could be anything.  Go to this reg key to find the installed path for the agent.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

hem McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Path Could be C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\Common framework also if upgraded from older builds.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Where is updaterui.exe in Agent 5.6.x ?

Thanks for your help. I will check it! It must be a misstake by myself, if you all say that the file and folders must be still there.

McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Re: Where is updaterui.exe in Agent 5.6.x ?

Hi @MohnJackAfee,

Thanks for your response. No worries. Please let us know if you still can't find it. We are here to assist you further on the same.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community