cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I exclude the VSE BOP on epo console?

hi

might me indicate where I can exclude the VSE BOP on epo console? I have a problem in my organization  Thanks in advance

10 Replies
exbrit
Level 21
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Where can I exclude the VSE BOP on epo console?

Edited and moved from Consumer to Business > ePO

---

Peter

aus_mick
Level 10
Message 3 of 11

By 'exclude' do you mean disable? If so you need to navigate to the Policy Catalog within the ePO and update your VirusScan Enterprise 8.x.x > Buffer Overflow Protection Policies and un-select the Enable buffer overflow protection checkbox. I'd question the need to take such a drastic measure as disabling this feature would expose your environment significantly.

BOP.jpg

HTH,

Mick

I want to exclude Office and IE, in politics are excluded, but vse marks them as bop on client computers

mmcgary
Level 12
Message 5 of 11

Add the processes to the exclusions or update the Office and IE versions. It's all explained here: McAfee KnowledgeBase - Buffer Overflow violations after installing VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 Patch 4

=/

excluded.jpg

cliente.jpg

mmcgary
Level 12
Message 7 of 11

Are the exclusions showing on the local Virusscan console under Buffer Overflow? You also have the message suppressed in the policy so it shouldn't be popping up at all. Something is going on with your policy enforcement.

of course, it is what I try to find, I guess something must have in the module and the API, possibly miss me some configurations. someone can help me?

thank you in advance

mmcgary
Level 12
Message 9 of 11

Can you post a screenshot of your Virusscan Console Buffer Overflow configuration? (Not the Epo policy)

I dont see the buffer overflow configuration

Imagen1.jpg