cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download McAfee Agent Extension for Mac 4.8.0.355?

Jump to solution

This is a newly rebuilt ePO 5.1.1 server with a new DB. We've had ePO for the last decade. Windows clients appears to be doing well with ePO.

We have the Macintosh installs below in our ePO Master Repository and installed on the Extensions page. We also have the Windows agents in case it matters with regard to my question. I don't know if this extension would help with our issue. I'm running out of options to deploy agents to Macs and can't send techs out to manually install it on all our Macs.

I haven't been able to deploy the McAfee Agent for Macintosh 4.8 p3 (4.8.0.1938). If I select a machine in ePO and deploy the agent to it, the return is Failed. If I select a machine and go to Run Client Task now to deploy the agent, the machine doesn't show (see below).

I don't see the "McAfee Agent Extension for Mac 4.8.0.355" on our ePO server and can't find a download. If anyone can tell me where to download it or knows how to resolve my deployment issue...."help meeee". I'm stuck like Brundlefly.

Mcafee Agent for Mac OS X  - 4.8.0 - 1938 - Current

Mcafee Agent for Mac OS X  - 4.8.0 - 1500 - Previous

McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac - 9.7 - 1298

Extensions:

McAfee Agent - 5.0.0.481 - This in the only Agent related extension we have.

Anti-malware - 9.7.0.3651

Anti-malware Reports - 2.2.0.3650

EndPoint Protection for Mac - 2.2.0.131

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 8.27.35 AM.png

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

-Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troja
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Where can I download McAfee Agent Extension for Mac 4.8.0.355?

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is no problem, you can manage Agent 4.8.x with EPO extension 5.x.

Cheers

3 Replies
Troja
Level 14
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

there is only one McAfee Agent extension necessary for Windows, Linux and Macintosh Systems.

But, there are different Installation Packages necessary in the Master Repository.

Cheers

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Since the 5.0 agent is not compatible with Mac OS 10.10, does that mean I need to revert my 5.0 agent extension to 4.8?

I'm not having any luck deploying 4.8.0.1938 to Macs, but I can't find anything that says what extension is required or compatible.

McAfee's info on what extensions are required is difficult to track down and somewhat confusing when I do. With the posted downloads showing things like 4.8 p3 and that same install then showing as 4.8.01938 in the repository, it requires some fishing around to be sure of what I'm deploying.

Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 9.04.59 AM.png

Troja
Level 14
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is no problem, you can manage Agent 4.8.x with EPO extension 5.x.

Cheers