cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magi
Level 7

When will the McAfee Agent Pull DAT(nearly 100MB file) from the ePO/Distributed repository

I found the McAfee agent+VSE  require only the delta update(83**.gem) daily which is about 200kb, But can anyone help me to know on which scenario will the McAfee Agent pull the SDAT file which is of nearly 100MB.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tkinkead
Level 12

Re: When will the McAfee Agent Pull DAT(nearly 100MB file) from the ePO/Distributed repository

It'll pull the full 100 MB DAT file if the DAT file on the system in question is 30 days or more out of date.

0 Kudos
magi
Level 7

Re: When will the McAfee Agent Pull DAT(nearly 100MB file) from the ePO/Distributed repository

Thank for your reply.

So, if i disable replication & only enable lazy caching on the Distributed repository, and if all the MA are communicating within last 30 days, in this scenario the DAT(100 MB) file need not to pulled from DR/MA , right?

0 Kudos
tkinkead
Level 12

Close.  The relevant factor is not whether the Agent has communicated in the last 30 days, but whether the DAT file on the system has been updated in the last 30 days.  It is possible for the Agent to be communicating and the DAT file failing to update, for example.

0 Kudos