cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of waking up agent using the last connected agent handler or all agent handler

What is the use of waking up agent using the last connected agent handler or all agent handler using the ePO server what first option perform and what another will do

7 Replies
georgec
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: What is the use of waking up agent using the last connected agent handler or all agent handler

You may have and internal agent handler with no internet connection and a second one in DMZ. The dmz one might be able to give a wake up call to agents running on machines outside the company (if they're reachable taking into account that most machines on the internet go out through NAT)

George

Re: What is the use of waking up agent using the last connected agent handler or all agent handler

Thanks George for the post but my question is some different. I am asking when u give wake up call there is one option wake up agent using then there is two radio buttons.

1. Last connected agent handler

2. All agent handler.

What is the difference between in the actual/production case.

apoling
Level 14
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Perhaps pinging with the last agent handler might result in the host being more likely to be found, and if not, you can try with all agent handler.

Attila

I would guess it's to give you an option in case the agent handler is offline, or you suspect it may be. 

Thanks you all but I want more technical clarification on this how it all work becuase when we give the call using the last connected agent handler then agent handler will search which all agent are connected to it and it send the call but in the case of wake up "All agent Handler" how it works.

Please also clarify the above statemetn if I am not true

If some one please help.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

That's not entirely correct, I believe. What happens is this:

If you have "Last Connected" selected, then only the agent handler that received the last communication from that machine will be used to send the wakeup call.

If you have "All" selected, then an agent handler is chosen at random to send the wakeup call. If this fails, then another is chosen and the wakeup call is tried again. This repeats until the call succeeds, or fails (I think) five times: after this ePO gives up.

HTH -

Joe

Thanks Joe for the clarifying the query. Now it seems to be the correct one.

Thanks you all for the effort.