Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

What is the SIARevocation Extension

We have just upgraded our Test ePO server from version 4.6.7 to 5.1.0. I noticed that under the Extensions that there is one called SIARevocation under Third Party. I have attached a screen capture. It shows that it was installed on 2011. Is this a necessary extension for 5.1.0 or is it a legacy extension that we can remove without any issues.

Message was edited by: twenden on 5/7/14 9:23:23 AM CDT
2 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is the SIARevocation Extension

There are a number of third-party products which integrate with ePO. The SIARevocation extension allows ePO to shut down an extension that was doing something "bad", for example exposing a vulnerability or exhibiting some other malicious behaviour.

In theory if you're not using any third-party products then you could remove it, but my recommendation would be to leave it in place.

HTH -

Joe

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: What is the SIARevocation Extension

Joe,

Thanks, I will leave it in place. Just trying to look for old stuff left behind after this upgrade to 5.1.0.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community