cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rian
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

What if my epo license expired and I have encrypted devices using mcafee drive encryption 7.2 how do I decrypt those encrypted devices.

have encrypted devices using mcafee drive encryption 7.2 how do I decrypt those encrypted devices.

3 Replies

Re: What if my epo license expired and I have encrypted devices using mcafee drive encryption 7.2 how do I decrypt those encrypted devices.

you can decrypt the hard disk using DETech iso but its required recovery XML file or user logged in authentication to authenticate.

Note: You need to backup the all recovery xml files regularly by using any python script or manually

http://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24427/en_US/e...

Highlighted
rian
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Re: What if my epo license expired and I have encrypted devices using mcafee drive encryption 7.2 how do I decrypt those encrypted devices.

Thanks for the information

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Discussion successfully moved from General Discussion to Business General Discussion

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center