cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Weekly on demand-scan is alerting on the ip address owned at the beginning of the scan

Jump to solution
Here is an example. LaptopX starts on demand scan with dhcp ip of 172.20.50.10 1 hour later laptopX gets a new dhcp ip of 172.20.50.80 The scan takes a long time, 2 hours later malware is detected, ip is still 172.20.50.80 In the report it says that malware was detected at the 2 hour mark on 172.20.50.10. The mac address (belongs to laptopX) and the laptop name (laptopX) in the report are correct Is there a way to make on-demand scans report the ip at the time the malware was detected, not the ip at the start of the scan? We're using epo 5.3.2 Mcafee agent 5.0.6.220
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Weekly on demand-scan is alerting on the ip address owned at the beginning of the scan

Jump to solution

Look at KB90082 - known issues doc. 

Reference
Number
Related
Article
Found
In
Fixed
In
Issue Description
- 5.0.6 5.5.1
Hotfix
Issue:  McAfee Agent fails to detect the change in IP address of the Windows client during event generation. Thus, the incorrect IP address is displayed in the event file.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Weekly on demand-scan is alerting on the ip address owned at the beginning of the scan

Jump to solution

Look at KB90082 - known issues doc. 

Reference
Number
Related
Article
Found
In
Fixed
In
Issue Description
- 5.0.6 5.5.1
Hotfix
Issue:  McAfee Agent fails to detect the change in IP address of the Windows client during event generation. Thus, the incorrect IP address is displayed in the event file.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.