Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caff
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Vista does NOT support ePO console

Just to make this clear (it wasn't to me when I searched the list). Mcafee support just informed me that you cannot install/run ePO console on a Vista system, and because the 4.0 interface is web based they will not be supporting it.
6 Replies

RE: Vista does NOT support ePO console

Just wondering - we have ePO 4.0 server installed on W2K3R2 - and the ePO 4.0 web console on Vista is running fine!

Regards
Michael

I run Vista on my PC.
I use internet explorer 8 Beta 2for the McAfee web console, it works fine.

We use ePO 4 Patch 3 on Server 2K3

Maybe they mean that the 3.6 console can't be installed on Vista.
caff
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

I should have been clearer, if you are running ePO server software 3.6.1 patch X,null and you want to put the remote console software on a Vista system this is not supported (nor will it be). ePO server 4.0 patch X uses a web interface so of course you can use a Vista client.
Raja
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

One more caveat previous post...the ePO 4.0 console can only be viewed in IE 6 or 7. (sounds like 8 works too but not officially supported yet). It will not work with Firefox.

-R-
d0x
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

EPO 3.6 doesn't work for Vista because the whole idea is to force you to use the new stuff.

I can say that windows 7 beta can be managed by ePO 4, at least so far it works. Smiley Tongue
Raja
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

The ePO 3.6.1 console is an MMC snap-in. Microsoft changed MMC in Vista. That would require McAfee to create a new snap-in just for Vista. Why would they do that when 3.6.1 is scheduled to end of life 8/31/2009?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.