Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caff
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Vista does NOT support ePO console

Just to make this clear (it wasn't to me when I searched the list). Mcafee support just informed me that you cannot install/run ePO console on a Vista system, and because the 4.0 interface is web based they will not be supporting it.
6 Replies

RE: Vista does NOT support ePO console

Just wondering - we have ePO 4.0 server installed on W2K3R2 - and the ePO 4.0 web console on Vista is running fine!

Regards
Michael

I run Vista on my PC.
I use internet explorer 8 Beta 2for the McAfee web console, it works fine.

We use ePO 4 Patch 3 on Server 2K3

Maybe they mean that the 3.6 console can't be installed on Vista.
caff
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

I should have been clearer, if you are running ePO server software 3.6.1 patch X,null and you want to put the remote console software on a Vista system this is not supported (nor will it be). ePO server 4.0 patch X uses a web interface so of course you can use a Vista client.
Raja
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

One more caveat previous post...the ePO 4.0 console can only be viewed in IE 6 or 7. (sounds like 8 works too but not officially supported yet). It will not work with Firefox.

-R-
d0x
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

EPO 3.6 doesn't work for Vista because the whole idea is to force you to use the new stuff.

I can say that windows 7 beta can be managed by ePO 4, at least so far it works. Smiley Tongue
Raja
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

The ePO 3.6.1 console is an MMC snap-in. Microsoft changed MMC in Vista. That would require McAfee to create a new snap-in just for Vista. Why would they do that when 3.6.1 is scheduled to end of life 8/31/2009?
ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.