Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vwines
Level 7

VirusScan Patch 7 needed but already have patch 8 in ePo

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am currently running McAfee agent 5.0.4.283 with VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.1128 (patch 3).  I have been trying to update to VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.1599 (patch 8) but it has been failing.  I’ve found that I cannot go directly from patch 3 to patch 8 but need to install patch 7 first. However my ePo Software Manager only has Patch 8 available.  How do I download Patch 7 into Software manager so I can push it out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_S
Level 12

Re: VirusScan Patch 7 needed but already have patch 8 in ePo

Jump to solution

Just don´t do it via the softwaremanager.

Go to your master repo, and first maybe get rid of the Patch 8 if needed.

Afterwards head over to McAfee download site, enter your NAI and there you can download all the older patches.

Then you go back to your repo and click on check in packages, select your update and then you should be fine to define a new client-task, policy or whatever you like to get this roled out.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_S
Level 12

Jump to solution

Just don´t do it via the softwaremanager.

Go to your master repo, and first maybe get rid of the Patch 8 if needed.

Afterwards head over to McAfee download site, enter your NAI and there you can download all the older patches.

Then you go back to your repo and click on check in packages, select your update and then you should be fine to define a new client-task, policy or whatever you like to get this roled out.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos
vwines
Level 7

Jump to solution

Dan, thanks I didn't realise you could do it that way.  I've done that now and have my PC's on patch 6 and will then hopefully go to patch 8.

0 Kudos
Daniel_S
Level 12

Jump to solution

You´re welcome mate.

Glad I could help.

Best regards
Dan
0 Kudos