Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mjkhan
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

VirusScan Enterprise 8.8: How to create a local repository for updating several servers?

Hi there,

I have recently installed Complete Endpoint Protection Business with ePO 5.9.0 to my local server, and now going to update the "Repository Pull" Server Task. Just want to know I have selected "Source site: McAfeeHttp", so my local server will receive/download the virus dat updates and install on my clients but how about the users with laptop which they come very rarely to office to connect to my server. What is the url of mcafee update and how do I provide/set that on their laptop VSE through ePO.

Thanks.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8: How to create a local repository for updating several servers?

PD26914 is the product guide for epo.  Starting with page 258, it talks about repositories and specifically, starting on page 275 it discusses using fallback sites.  You don't have to add any, the McAfee http and ftp sites are there by default.  If you also then look in your agent repository policy, the McAfee http site is already there by default. 

mjkhan
Level 9
Message 3 of 4

Re: VirusScan Enterprise 8.8: How to create a local repository for updating several servers?

Moreover how do I setup a task which can update the VSE 8.8 policy on an interval of say every 1 hour.

also same for VSE 8.8 dat update

Thanks

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Policies are updated automatically at every agent-server communication.  It is not something you have to configure as a task.  Update tasks can be configured in the console as a deployment, update, or other type task.  The product guide walks you through setting up pretty much everything you need for managing the updates and deployments for your clients.