cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

VirusScan 8.8 Deployments starting at SP4 or SP5

Here is the issue. We waited too long to deploy ePO 591. We have an old ePO 4.5 environment with Clients at VS 8.8 SP4 or SP5. Migration of those computers to the new environment works, but it cannot update the SP from 4 or 5 straight to 12.  If I manually update a client to SP9, ePO will kick in and update it to SP12.

I was thinking the thing to do would add the SP9 as a Evaluation package and push it to all the lower than SP12 clients in ePO. I am just not seeing a way to do it. Any takers?

Thanks!

Stewart
1 Reply
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: VirusScan 8.8 Deployments starting at SP4 or SP5

Here is a way you can automate it. 

1. Create a tag for systems with lower patch version, then run a query for those same systems and apply that tag to those systems.  It will have to be a manual assignment, which is fine. 

2. Assuming you have already checked in p9 to eval branch, create a new agent policy for updating the vse patch from evaluation branch and then use a policy assignment rule to assign it to those systems that have that tag. 

They should then get p9 first.  Once they all have p9, you can remove the policy assignment rule and the tag and then they should be able to update to p12. 

Alternatively, you can set up a VSE removal task for those systems, then push out the full install of VS w/ p12, but that would leave them temporarily unprotected.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community