cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirusScan 8.7i policies not working with Windows 7

Hi,

After updating VirusScan 8.7i to patch 2 and McAfee Agent to the latest version (Patch 3) VirusScan policies are no longer being enforced on the Windows 7 clients.

No issues with with Windows XP or Windows 2003 Server.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

BR

JASE
9 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

RE: VirusScan 8.7i policies not working with Windows 7

What version of EPO server are you running?

Yesterday, we had an issue with EPO 3.6.1 not being able to managed a Windows 7 system with Agent 4.0.0.1494 (P3). McAfee told us that you won't be able to managed Windows 7 systems or update them with EPO 3.6.1. This means we will have to upgrade the EPO server sooner than expected.
andymease
Level 10
Message 3 of 10

You'll have to check in the VIRUSCAN8700.zip extensions from Patch 2 - this will add the "WNT7W" tag to any new task

OK, I have tried checking in the extension from Patch 2 but it does not seem to help.

After installing Patch 3 for Agent 4.0 I removed the extension EPOAGENTMETA 4.5.0.165. Was that a mistake?

I seems that my task for deploying the agent, VirusScan, AntiSPAM and Siteadvisor was lost as well, however I have attempted to recreate this manually.

When can I find the extension EPOAGENTMETA 4.5.0.165 and do I even need to reinstall it?

By the way, I am running the latest edition of ePO 4.5.

Br.

JASE
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

You should be able to find it in the Extensions folder undereath the ePO 4.5 install folder - check in EPOAGENTMETA.zip.
I'm afraid that you will have lost any agent policies or tasks 😞

HTH -

Joe
RickIA
Level 9
Message 6 of 10

Re: RE: VirusScan 8.7i policies not working with Windows 7

Well I am running EPO 4.5 and Agent 4.5 along with SP@ being pushed via EPO. However, I did manually install patch 3 to my machine and now I am getting the action center alerts saying my antivirus is disabled. I am running Windows 7 64-bit for OS and also I now started getting messages that my LAN connection has no internet access yet it works just fine. Not sure if I have something going on, but I have not patched my machine and I have not installed anything since I did the patch the other day. Seems like it all started the first time I rebooted after patching the install. Anyone else getting this behavior?

jguenrdc
Level 12
Message 7 of 10

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that 64-bit versions of VSE can only be installed properly via ePO.  I guess you could set make sure ePO is configured to allow Evaluation branch items in the Repository, and set your system to use the evaluation branch.

Jay

Highlighted

Read through this thread... I had the same issue (had to check in ALL the extensions):

http://community.mcafee.com/thread/10988?tstart=0

bperez
Level 10
Message 9 of 10

Thats KB work for me: KB67321

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

EPO 3.6.1 does not allow you to add extensions. McAfee did get me to try adding the NAP file inside the extension to see if that worked. That did not work and they finally told me that we are out of luck and will hhave to upgrade to EPO 4.x
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center