cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual servers show up multiple times in EPO

I have 3 virtual server that always show up as duplicates in EPO. the agent show up as installed on one of the duplicates. If i delete either of them, another will always reappear after an AD sync.
6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Virtual servers show up multiple times in EPO

Are these virtual servers persistent or non-persistent?  If non-persistent, is the agent installed in vdi mode?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

they are both domain controllers.  Not sure what you mean by persistent. the agent is installed just like all other agents.  these 3 virtuals servers are the only displaying this behavior of the 30 i have.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

delete all entries of the servers in epo and let the systems check back in on their own.  When they do and you run an ad sync again, is there another duplicate created?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

yes... that is exactly what happens.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Please open a ticket with McAfee for the agent, as we will need to look at logs.  One thing to check first is the windows\temp\mcafeelogs directory.  Is the agent getting reinstalled with a forceinstall on the sync?  The frminst log will show if there are frequent installs.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Run your duplicate system query, as well as system with high sequence error query.
On virtual machines - especially if you deploy from a template (with the Agent on the template) - it is highly possibly you may have duplicate GUIDS.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center