Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Versions of Foundation Services and ePO version

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sometimes I face issues for ePO-Database connectivity where you are automatically switched to McAfee Foundation Services portal along with an error indicating multiple initialization messages.

I usually follow that article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb69850

My question is:

Can you find out the ePO version based on the McAfee Foundation Service version listed?

For example last time I saw MFS 5.5 but was not sure if that would be 5.3, 5.9 or 5.10 e.

So far I have not found any information about it so hopefully someone can shed some light for me.

Best regards,

Nino

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Labels (3)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Versions of Foundation Services and ePO version

Jump to solution

I know that support personal usually can tell the version right after they see a screenshot but I needed additional details about MFS.

I ran some tests and it seems best way to find out which MFS corresponds to ePO version is to notice name of the tab - it says exact version there. Try to save it as a bookmark and voila!

These are the versions I found out while testing:

MFS 5.10.0 (201811052346)
MFS 5.9.1.0 (201711291011)
MFS 5.5.3.0 (201806181407)

It seems like MFS for 5.3.3 is newer than MFS for 5.9.1 and their login/error screens are almost the same so you cannot tell at first sight except typical "Restore Administrator Access" link for 5.9 and 5.10.

MFS 5.1.1.0 (201506130239)

Best regards,

Nino

5.3.3.PNG5.3.35.9.1.PNG5.915.10.PNG5.10

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

In few words, everyone using all ePO versions regularly can tell what version of MFS is behind every supported ePO version:

5.10 has unique background

5.9.x has "restore admin access" link

5.3.x has NOT "restore admin access" link but is the same as 5.9 screen

5.1.x has old McAfee logo and blue bar

4.x still refer to old name "Orion Platform"

3.x and older - could not find any information but probably similar to 4.x

I need to test for the rest old versions to confirm similarities and differences.

Nino
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

5.1.1.PNG5.1.1Legacy 2008-2009.PNGLegacy 2008-2009Legacy 2008-2011.PNGLegacy 2008-2011MFS 2.5.3 (Build 243).PNGMFS 2.5.3 (Build 243)MFS 1.5.0 (Build 695).PNGMFS 1.5.0 (Build 695)

Some additional screens for older versions I was able to find in McAfee Community.

Nino
4 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

There is no document matching mfs (foundation) versions to epo.  You would just have to know the version of epo you are working with at the time. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

I know that support personal usually can tell the version right after they see a screenshot but I needed additional details about MFS.

I ran some tests and it seems best way to find out which MFS corresponds to ePO version is to notice name of the tab - it says exact version there. Try to save it as a bookmark and voila!

These are the versions I found out while testing:

MFS 5.10.0 (201811052346)
MFS 5.9.1.0 (201711291011)
MFS 5.5.3.0 (201806181407)

It seems like MFS for 5.3.3 is newer than MFS for 5.9.1 and their login/error screens are almost the same so you cannot tell at first sight except typical "Restore Administrator Access" link for 5.9 and 5.10.

MFS 5.1.1.0 (201506130239)

Best regards,

Nino

5.3.3.PNG5.3.35.9.1.PNG5.915.10.PNG5.10

Nino
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

5.1.1.PNG5.1.1Legacy 2008-2009.PNGLegacy 2008-2009Legacy 2008-2011.PNGLegacy 2008-2011MFS 2.5.3 (Build 243).PNGMFS 2.5.3 (Build 243)MFS 1.5.0 (Build 695).PNGMFS 1.5.0 (Build 695)

Some additional screens for older versions I was able to find in McAfee Community.

Nino
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

In few words, everyone using all ePO versions regularly can tell what version of MFS is behind every supported ePO version:

5.10 has unique background

5.9.x has "restore admin access" link

5.3.x has NOT "restore admin access" link but is the same as 5.9 screen

5.1.x has old McAfee logo and blue bar

4.x still refer to old name "Orion Platform"

3.x and older - could not find any information but probably similar to 4.x

I need to test for the rest old versions to confirm similarities and differences.

Nino
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator