cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE scanning via ePO

What is the longest duration of scanning that I can consider as normal for a single endpoint. I am scanning endpoints having VSE via ePO client task. I'd like to know when to quit the scanning and considered it as stuck processed

2 Replies

Re: VSE scanning via ePO

Hey braindope...OAS or ODS?  I am guessing you are referring to ODS.  Our environment we scan desktops daily and servers weekly.  I think the scanning time would depend on the amount of data to be scanned on said host.  Our desktops are rather quick and servers, well not so much.  I don't know if I have a definitive time frame for a full scan but I would guess if your working in excess of a couple hours then I would say the process is bad, hence why scanning is done during non-peak work hours.  Kill that process then kick off another scan task and see if it completes.  From there you can troubleshoot further if it goes through or not.

Re: VSE scanning via ePO

@Bkilday Yes, you are correct, I'm using ODS scan. Can I kill the scan process via ePO or it should only be done on the endpoint manually? and what is the name of the scan process?.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community