Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Isagel
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

VSE patch update to only certain systems

Couple of basic functionality questions on product deployment in ePO:

-I loaded patch 7 into current master repository and set a task to deploy to only some systems

-Some systems not under this task were updated with the latest patch

Will a product update task update VSE patch versions if nothing is selected under 'Patches and service packs' of that task

OR, is this part of the McAfee Agent policy to poll for updated software in the master repository?

Basically I want to deploy the latest patch to only certain servers.

-I have VSE8.8 patch 3 and loaded patch 7 into eval repository.

-I set a product update task to install patch 7 onto servers but the task did not work, only when I moved patch 7 into current repository.

Would I have needed to change the agent policy to check for updates from evaluation instead of current?

2 Replies
Reliable Contributor andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: VSE patch update to only certain systems

Hello!

for #1, it shouldn't update when not selected. I don't think there is any hidden process other than global update if you have that turned on to wake a device when a new update is checked in.

for #2, If a patch is checked in to eval, you need to change the agent policy to point them to update the product from eval.

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: VSE patch update to only certain systems

In the past, I have seen the default local auto update task cause patches to install to systems that you don't want it to go to. I always prefer to install the patch to the eval branch and then use policy assignment rules and tags to deploy to test systems.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community