Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avilt
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 15

VSE Deployment Error Unable to Find a Valid Repository

I have setup ePO 5.9.1 and now trying to deploy VSE.

The McAfee agent 5.6.1 is deployed.and the client is in managed state.

Now when I try to deploy VSE, I am getting the following error

Sent Run Now task "McAfee Agent > Product Deployment" to "AV-01"
Run now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment received.
Run now task started.
Run now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment failed.<br/>Details: Deployment/Update task failed, reason "Unable to find valid repository"..
Task Completed

So far I have tried the following on cleint

Windows firewall, Defender disabled

UAC is disabled

Product Compatibility file is updated.

14 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 15

Re: VSE Deployment Error Unable to Find a Valid Repository

Hi avilt,

What do you see in McScript_deploy_error log. There must be some file failed to download which is causing the issue. Moreover next time when you try, please use client task deployment not "Run client task now"

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

avilt
Level 8
Message 3 of 15

I dont see log folder, please provide the location of log file.

I have created a task for VSE deployment and now using that task to run but no luck.

There is noclient task deployment, its client task Assignment.

We can either schedule this task or when running client task, select this pre-made task to run. Pelase advise

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

Sorry that was typo mistake. Yes you have to select "Client task Assignment". When you schedule the task select "Run immediately" and save. Then send a wakeup call with "Force complete policy and task update". Wait for 10 to 15min and then check. 

Log Location : <programfiles>/McAfee/Agent/logs

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

avilt
Level 8
Message 5 of 15

There is no logs folder under  : <programfiles>/McAfee/Agent/logs

I have tried the tasks as per your suggestion but the task fails with error unable to find valid repository

Note: I am trying to deploy the VSE on ePO server itself, my first deployment, client will be brought in later.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 15

The agent logs are located in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.  There would be an mcscript.log for updates and, depending on your agent version, there may be an mcscript_deploy log for deployments.  When you look through that log for the time frame of the attempt, you will see it searching for the repositories.  

Check out this post also - it will tell you how to troubleshoot this and what to look for.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 15

Hi @avilt 

I am afraid what @LKS meant in previous post was to look into %Programdata%\McAfee\Agent\logs.

That should be a good place to start with. Logs may contain sensitive information and hence share it here if it is verified to not contain any sensitive information. Please keep us posted.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
avilt
Level 8
Message 8 of 15

As a test case, I brought in a client machine with same OS (2016), settings and I am able to deploy everything without any problem. But I cannot deploy VSE on ePO server itself.

I cannot find log folder on the ePO server, there is no such folder.

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 15

Hi @avilt,

Thank you for updating us. If the folder is not present, I guess there should only be one explanation. McAfee Agent is not deployed successfully on this machine running ePO server! However, you have clearly stated that this running MA 5.6.1 and is showing up on the ePO as managed.

Is the Agent installed on a different drive partition? The logs are important to determine the root cause here. Can you confirm that this location is present? And, just to be clear, Programdata is a hidden folder. Hence, please ensure you exactly type in the following in your run window:

%programdata%\Mcafee\Agent

and please let me know if it returns any error?

Without that, you can probably work around the situation by installing VSE standalone on the Server. Since the agent that is already present on the Server is managed, the VSE installation should also become managed. Please let us know how this goes!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee vivs
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

For finding the logs on the client machine, Please go to the %programdata% and see is there any McAfee folder is present or not.

or,

Please go to the below path directly and check:

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Agent\logs

After getting the logs please check masvc.log ,mcscript.log and mfemactl.log as well.

If you are facing any type of difficulty in that case you can contact us 24*7 for resolution.

If you are getting the issue with the Unable to find valid repository, In that case worth checking or modifying the attached McAfee Agent >Repository Policy.

MArpstr.PNG

For deploying the product please use scheduled task and send it to the client machine.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a KudosAlso, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community