cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.8 patch 6 on Windows 2003 servers

Hi Mates,

I am trying to upgrade the VSE 8.8 patch 6 from patch 4 on Windows 2003 servers.

The both manual upgrade and ePO task update are failing and I can see the event logs as faulting module.

As the OS upgrade is not immediately scheduled, I would like to get the VSE updated.

I can uninstall the agent , VSE and install them again, but only patch 4 can be installed.

Any one please guide me to complete this task? Please let me know if any logs can be referred.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

Re: VSE 8.8 patch 6 on Windows 2003 servers

What error do you get on local install.

also check /post the VSE install log.

Hi moorthy,

can you tell me what is the service pack of your 2003 OS and can you check to upgread it and try to uninstall vse and install it again

cheers

jagadeesh

Highlighted

Hi,

I had a similar problem until I installed an up to date agent on the servers. Once the agent was updated the servers installed the latest VSE patch.

Regards,

Thermopyle

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community