cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.8 fails to update DAT. 'File catalog.z could not be verified. Downloading complete file again'

Hi all,

We have some workgroup W7 machines with VSE8.8 P2 installed.

When I run FramePkg.exe from ePO server's C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\ , it doesn't update repository info on these machines,

and update just fails, 'unable to find valid repository'.

ePO doesn't find workgroup mahines either, so I have manually added an UNC repository via the VSE console, using low previledge domain user account with read only access to access the repository.

Running update now seems to access the repository without any issues, however, it fails to update with the following error;

Downloading catalog.z

File catalog.z could not be verified. Downloading complete file again.

Downloading catalog.z

File catalog.z could not be verified. Downloading complete file again.

Error occured while verifying catalog.z

Updfate finished,

ANy idea how to get around this?

many thanks,

Message was edited by: mandara on 20/12/13 07:15:41 CST
2 Replies

Re: VSE 8.8 fails to update DAT. 'File catalog.z could not be verified. Downloading complete file again'

Hi mandara, you should check the log files to see what's happening (agent_computername.log)

Highlighted
meforum
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: VSE 8.8 fails to update DAT. 'File catalog.z could not be verified. Downloading complete file again'

hi,

I had errors like this when using super agent repositories at remote sites. reason was that at night the vpn connection was droped (and I guess in the middle of repository replication process) so the clients at the remote site did's find a valid repository (or only mcafee.com). Could it be sth like this? (btw: when selecting "show files" from ePO at one of these repositories, I got errors too).

If you use a UNC repository, the ePO server (the user you entered) needs to have write permissions

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community