Recently we installed a new ePO 5.0.0 server to replace our excisting 4.6.6 server and now I'm transferring all machines from the old to the new server.
On the new server all software and extensions in the repository are up-to-date. So the virusscan is VSE 18.104.22.1688, extension 22.214.171.1248 and reports 126.96.36.199
But because we had no Windows 8 or server 2012 machines 188.8.131.525 was automatically installed everywhere, and this worked fine.
Now we have 2 new 2012 servers, where our ePO automatically installed 184.108.40.2068, and all other software (Agent 220.127.116.111, Real Time Client 18.104.22.168 and SiteAdvisor 22.214.171.1244)
All policies for VS 8.8 are applied correctly, but all tasks created for these machines on the ePO server are missing.
We can create new tasks on the server locally and they seem to work.
But even tough I can see the tasks he need to apply in ProgramData\McAfeeCommon Framework\Task, he does not apply them.
I've tried everything, hope somebody can help me.
We have had the same problem with Win8 and server2012 ( EPO 4.65 ).
After the server scantasks have been created new the tasks worked
and were shown on the client as managed tasks ..
You may have this sorted but this maybe helpful :-
ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) 5.0 servers installed with valid license keystop sending policies and tasks to agents after 90 days.
This issue occurs only with ePO 126.96.36.1990 and willbe resolved in ePO 5.0.1. A hotfix and additional information are available inKnowledgeBase article KB78686.
This article is available only to registered users.To view it, log into the McAfee ServicePortal at http://mysupport.mcafee.com and searchfor the article ID.
We have the same issue as above.
We have an epolicy 4.6.0 (build 1029) server. All extentions are checked-in.
Client version is 8.8 with patch 2 and 3 available on epolicy.
Agent version 4.6.0 (3122).
We have one new server which is installed with Server 2012. The agent on this server communicates with epolicy and is receiving policy updates. However, it is NOT receiving any tasks from the server.
I manually updated the agent version on this server to 4.8.0 (887) and checked-in this package on the epolicy server. Still, have no luck sending tasks to this server. Creating tasks manually on this server works as expected.
Only indication that something might be wrong is the behaviour explained in this KB:
There are no errors in the event viewer, mcafee logs or anything. Just tasks are not showing up on the 2012 server.
If anybody has some good ideas, please. I'm running out of options.
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center