Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascoyne
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

VSE 8.8 Patch 2 suffix

Jump to solution

I am in the process in testing VSE 8.8 Patch 2 and have noticed something very odd.  So far I have deployed Patch 2, plus hotfixes, to 17 systems.  16 of the systems show that 8.8.0.975 is installed, but 1 system is showing the 8.8.0.975.Wrk is installed.  Previous versions of VSE denote if it is a workstation or server by suffixing either .Wrk or .Srv, but it appears that with Patch 2 it is not don't this correctly.  Could anyone else confirm that they have this issue to?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VSE 8.8 Patch 2 suffix

Jump to solution

It should be 820636 hf which will not report wrk or srv suffix.

Systems with VSE 8.8 Hotfix 820636 will no longer append .wrk or .srv in their version properties. A new Machine Type field has been added to the property collection, and is listed in the General Properties of that node in ePO (prodprops.MachineType). With the release of VSE 8.8 Patch 3, there is an updated VSE reporting Extension that will allow you to query on the new Machine Type property after you check in the VSE 8.8 Patch 3 Extension

7 Replies
Tristan
Level 15
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Not sure if it's your query or maybe the result of a corrupt extension but my products report as expected.

Capture.JPG

ascoyne
Level 10
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

I have added the following hotfixes 805660, 778101, 820636, 846582 and 793781.

ascoyne
Level 10
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

I think I may have found the issue.  It appears that those systems that have hotfix 793781 installed don't suffix with .Wrk or .Srv. 

Tristan do you have 793781 installed on your systems?

Jump to solution

It should be 820636 hf which will not report wrk or srv suffix.

Systems with VSE 8.8 Hotfix 820636 will no longer append .wrk or .srv in their version properties. A new Machine Type field has been added to the property collection, and is listed in the General Properties of that node in ePO (prodprops.MachineType). With the release of VSE 8.8 Patch 3, there is an updated VSE reporting Extension that will allow you to query on the new Machine Type property after you check in the VSE 8.8 Patch 3 Extension

Tristan
Level 15
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

It will be what Kubaros has pointed out. I don't have 820636 installed but i believe i have the most recent reporting extensions

ascoyne
Level 10
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks kubaros you have put my mind at ease. As we aren't running Win 8 or Server 2013 we wont be installed Patch 3, however I have go the latest VSE Extension installed and you are 100% there is a new field.

I can happily continue to deploy Patch 2 and hotfixes.

Untitled.png

Message was edited by: ascoyne on 07/06/13 06:14:38 CDT