Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor brentil
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 191 of 230

Re: VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

ddamico2004 wrote:

Does the tool only report back systems that have issues? I'm just testing now and have not gotten anything returned for the system I pushed to.

It reports back state information for all machines you've deployed it to.  The included htm file describes all of the states that are reported by it.  If you also imported the included .xml file as a query you can then add it to a dashboard and see the results as they come in.

starx
Level 7
Message 192 of 230

I'm having an issue inporting the the package. I click check in package, browse to my doc's & click next, error "Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file"  then i extract the files but still cannot check? I find the directions are very unclear.  I've just been tasked w\this and am new to Mcafee. 

Also my current dat's are 6813  so i would still need to apply this patch?

Message was edited by: starx on 8/24/12 4:12:08 PM CDT
Reliable Contributor
Message 193 of 230

starx wrote:

I'm having an issue inporting the the package. I click check in package, browse to my doc's & click next, error "Package missing required pkgcatalog.z file"  then i extract the files but still cannot check? I find the directions are very unclear.  I've just been tasked w\this and am new to Mcafee. 

Also my current dat's are 6813  so i would still need to apply this patch?

Message was edited by: starx on 8/24/12 4:12:08 PM CDT

Yes, even if you show DATs 6813 if your machines ever got 6807 or 6808 you at a minimum should run the reporting tool.

Which package are you trying to import, the KB article fix or the reporting tool?

starx
Level 7
Message 194 of 230

Thanks for your reply.....We are running a test environment and trying to setup prod enviroment now. Slow going as i am new to this product.

I am trying to checkin the reporting tool

Reliable Contributor
Message 195 of 230

starx wrote:

Thanks for your reply.....We are running a test environment and trying to setup prod enviroment now. Slow going as i am new to this product.

I am trying to checkin the reporting tool

You should have a file called "integrityreporter_v2007.zip" which you then extract all the contents from which you will need to do 2 things with.

Import the Reporting Tool

1. Menu->Software->Master Repo->Check In Package
  2. With Product or Update selected Browse to the "VSE88INT2007.zip" file you just extracted from the other zip file

Import the Query

1. Menu-Reporting->Queries & Reports->Actions->Import Definitions
  2. Browse to the "ePO46_Query_6807-6808_Remediation_Status.xml" file you just extracted from the other zip file
  3. Choose an existing group, I did VSE

You will now need to deploy this to all your systems.  Once it starts returning data you can use the Query you just imported to view the results.

starx
Level 7
Message 196 of 230

@brentil

OK i got the package installed now.  Sorry to ask but how do i deploy the package? I want to deploy to 1 server to see if i have the steps down.  THANKS so much!

starx
Level 7
Message 197 of 230

I figured it out.....TGIF

@starx  -  you still need to apply this patch.

When I was on the phone with McAfee support they said I had to deploy the patch even though none of my systems were showing signs of the problem. All of my systems did get dat 6807 and 6808 and i am still trying to find around 200 machines to install the patch on them.

starx
Level 7
Message 199 of 230

@mmoroz12  ooouch....by nov we will have this product on about 3000 servers! this is not good

Half of the machines are laptops so I just have to wait for the users to come back from summer holidays.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community