Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bostjanc
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 230

VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

Greetings!

Received this mail: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76004

Checked that a lot of machines in company now have a red marked circle on Mcafee VirusScan icon.

Pushing DAT 6809 to all the machines and wake up agents does not do much. Even if they receive this latest 6809 the OAS is still disabled.

If I manually enabled OAS, it does not want to switch from disabled to enabled.

In the hyperlink https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB76004, they are only mentioning if you haven't deployed thoose 6807,6808 DAT's, then go for 6809.

BUT THERE IS NO EXPLANATION WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THOSE DAT'S DEPLOYED!!!!!!!

I have found out also this link: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101446

But uninstalling and installing Mcafee for 90% in company is a big ***%$!

229 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 230

Re: VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

We are working on a SuperDAT package that will address the issue without requiring an uninstall/reinstall - as soon as I have any more information I'll update this thread.

Thanks -

Joe

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 3 of 230

Joe, thanks for the quick reply.

But currently the situation is, that 90% of computers are "unprotected" while OAS is not running. What if in this minutes one user browses strange webpages, and get's a virus.

Then I'm fu*** as a Antivirus technican support.

Thanks for letting us know.....

I've run a query and filtered Engine = 0.0000

Found only 3 machines and indeed the registry settings were out of sync and On-Scanner disabled.

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 5 of 230

I have 46 out of 152 computers, having this issue. Soo teoretically if one of thoose users have a "bad-luck", gets a virus, and spreads out to rest of the 45computers, what then?

Quick solution would be more then appreticiated.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 230

Believe me, we appreciate the seriousness of the situation, and the development teams are working to get a solution ready as fast as possible - as soon as I have any more news I'll let you know.

Regards -

Joe

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 7 of 230

Ok... Instead of waiting I took other reaction.

I took 1 problematic pc, manually uninstalled VSE, and manually installed VSE, that solved the problem, OAS started to work.

My next step currently is:

-push product removement thru EPO to clients.

-1st will remove VSE

-after that task is finished, another task will be pushed, to deploy vse again.

hopping everything will work fine

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 230

This is certainly a valid approach, and should work fine - if you have machines that you urgently need, this is likely to be the fastest method until the superdat tool is available.

HTH -

Joe

Derosa
Level 7
Message 9 of 230

I currently have over 3000 endpoints with this problem - solution asap please McAfee.

derosa

How have you identified the problem?