Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejmast
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 151 of 230

Re: VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

When applying the patch I see in the log on a client the on access client is blocking the installatation:

22-8-2012 10:10:23 Blocked by Access Protection rule  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8800\HotFix\793781\0000\VSE88HF793781.exe C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8800\HotFix\793781\0000\Patch.log Common Standard Protection:Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings Action blocked : Write

Is this by design so clients with functional on access protection do not get the patch or is this something to worry about?

have just installed manually HF793781 (small) on an XP and 2003 successfully.

I am still confused because the query we run yesterday and Monday did not pickup those machines; but the On-Demand Scanner was off.

PhilR
Level 12
Message 153 of 230

redbaron51 wrote:

have just installed manually HF793781 (small) on an XP and 2003 successfully.

I am still confused because the query we run yesterday and Monday did not pickup those machines; but the On-Demand Scanner was off.

Noticed something similar on a couple of boxes.  I'd trust the logic in the hotfix.

Phil

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 154 of 230

To be or not to be. Plz someone tell me if it's necessary to deploy both hotfixes, or only one, or noone?

They are both the same. But the large one has the DAT 6809 included and the small one needs an full DAT-update as soon as possible. All taken from the hotfix page...

CU

Thomas

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 156 of 230

Soo, even if currently all the pcs has I believe already 6811 installed.... putting that hotfix which needs full dat would be recommended or the one with 100mb size and 6809 dat included?

PhilR
Level 12
Message 157 of 230

bostjanc wrote:

Soo, even if currently all the pcs has I believe already 6811 installed.... putting that hotfix which needs full dat would be recommended or the one with 100mb size and 6809 dat included?

Just deploy the new, small hotfix.  It will only reset the DAT version to 1111 if it finds something wrong.

Phil

Highlighted

Can you confirm that installing the smaller HF in a system that is OK does not force to do a full update?

PhilR
Level 12
Message 159 of 230

phl92812 wrote:

Can you confirm that installing the smaller HF in a system that is OK does not force to do a full update?

Try it and see.  Works for me 🙂

Phil

bostjanc
Level 10
Message 160 of 230

- Ok, just checked in the smaller hot fix.

- Pushed update now thru the epo and selected only VSE 8.8

- Woke up agents

- Some clients are already sending me an IM why is Antivirus tool giving them a security notification why is Mcafee having problem.

-The next step is to send push update again with newest DAT and pray everything works fine.

-And wake up agents to do that.

will let ya know.

p.s. - nobody mentioned it if you apply the smaller hotfix, that clients will receieve a notifications.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community