Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 101 of 230

Re: VSE 8.8. 6807 DAT problem - urgent!

phl92812 wrote:

I think that is more accurate to look for systems reporting engine version 0.000

Can anyone confirm if systems that report the correct engine version in ePO are affected by this issue? When you have thousands of systems it is very important to know which systerms are affected before making the deployment.

Certainly at my site, there was at least one system that looked completely ok in EPO but was affected...

The HF is marked as "mandatory" by McAfee for a reason...

"I think that is more accurate to look for systems reporting engine version 0.000"

This is accurate as systems will report the correct DAT version, yet the engine version shows 0.0000 and they do not pass EICAR.

Is there a quick query that can be run within epo to see what systems have the hotfix installed?

Highlighted

please read the entire post, there are very good queries posted already...

edit: not within ePO, but SQL-queries

CU

Thomas

Message was edited by: Thomas_RCC on 8/21/12 4:38:14 PM CEST

If it helps. Here are the steps we are taking to make sure endpoints are corrected. Since this is mantatory we are applying it on all endpoints regardless of .dat version.

Endpoints: 9K

Repoisitories: 34 average of 300 endpoints per site

1. Added the hotfix to ePO and then replicated to all sites.
  2. Created a new client task to apply the hotfix using the run immediatly step. Didn't add steps as they are already documented in this post.
  3. In groups of 100 at each site, wake up agents so they recive the new client task.
  4. Created a web report to show remaining mahcines without the hotfix through SQL. The query is also posted in this thread.
  5. Once machines shows the correct hotfix number, we are then randomly testing OAS by using the EICAR file and checking event logs for other errors.
  6. Hope nothing new comes from McAfee stating this hotifx does not work correctly

Needless to say it has been a pain in the rear, and multiple techs have had little sleep getting this hotfix pushed out.

jcain13
Level 7
Message 106 of 230

Applying a hotfix is merely with a product update correct and not an actual client task? 

Yes and No.

It is a product update, but a client task is used to push it out. There is a step by steps .pdf posted in this thread but it is in German. But it still shows the visual guidlines.

jcain13
Level 7
Message 108 of 230

Thanks @conagher.  I'll find that PDF then.  I first tried to do a product update and nothing showed in the list.  I'll read further.

Thanks

pushing this out now - noticed it takes a couple of ASCIs to update the 0.000's properly.  Send a few wake tasks.

You guys all pushing the HF to all 8.8 clients?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community