cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VSE 8.7i to 8.8 in ePO 4.0

Jump to solution

Hey guys, this time I had a headache....

Installed and checked in the new VSE 8.8, now trying to migrate the policies from 8.7i using the "epopolicymigration.exe" utility.

I tried to run it from many places in the server but still not working and I get the same error again:

polmig.jpg

can you tell me please where to run this utility from? I also tried this path: "D:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\VIRUSCAN8800\8.8.0.169"

Thanks all of you for your usual support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hemantk
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

Re: VSE 8.7i to 8.8 in ePO 4.0

Jump to solution

Hello...

Open CMD browse to the file path where you have extracted VSE Setup (VSE880LML) and follow with following command epopolicymigration.exe /PASSWORD=xxxxxxxxx(this is your database password).

6 Replies
hemantk
Level 12
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello....

Please refer Installation guide page 22, this will resolve your Issue.

Jump to solution

You mean this part: "epopolicymigration.exe

/PASSWORD=ePOpassword"

Sorry I didnt mention that I've tried it also, I get the same msg, I dont know which password it is asking me for, I've asked the DBA guy to put the DB password and it did not work, used the epo login password, no change.

It worked directly for other people without using the command line. I've followed the same path but no use.

Any idea...

hemantk
Level 12
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello..

Password used for connecting database using https://servername OR IP Address:8443/core/config

Jump to solution

could you post the full command line please.

hemantk
Level 12
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello...

Open CMD browse to the file path where you have extracted VSE Setup (VSE880LML) and follow with following command epopolicymigration.exe /PASSWORD=xxxxxxxxx(this is your database password).

Jump to solution

Thank you gus, problem solved, We had to change the DB password and it worked.

Regards,