cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jawuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

VSCANDAT1000 folder in Repository getting massive!

Hi every one

currently we have to EPO servers in my environment. One which is 3.6.1 which was uplifted to EPO 4.0 , and one which is a brand new build EPO 4.0 server, which we are in the process of migrating people to.

Each have their own repositories, 10 each in total, and we have an issue with the repositories with the older server that was upgraded

For some reason, the EPO repositories managed by the older server has the VSCANDAT1000 which are really really big, over 1gb, holding DAT files of versions past. Since we deleted and recreated them last week, it has Dats for every release since we replicated to it.

Its very annoying. Why does this folder get so big? is this normal?

The new server i built does not exhibit this behaviour, it is just holding the dat and avdat of the current version as i expected it should

regards

J
5 Replies
jawuk
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

RE: VSCANDAT1000 folder in Repository getting massive!

I think there may be an issue with the configurations for some of the respostories, so i have deleted and recreated them. We shall see if it fixes it.

2 repositories are not affected, the rest are.

J

EPO 4.5 Repository growing

Did you ever figgure out what was going on (or not) to cause the repository to hold onto all of the old dat files? I have a similar situation going here..
jawuk
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

RE: EPO 4.5 Repository growing

Hello mate

for me it was incorrectly set permissions on those repositories! I had believed that the team who had set the permissions up had done so consistently, but, they had made an error on two of the 10 repositories. Once full access was granted, as it should have been, we had no problems. 😉

All i would say it double/triple check it

regards

Jamie

Thanks!

I'll give it all a serious going over.. Thanks for the feedback!
jawuk
Level 7
Message 6 of 6

RE: Thanks!

I think the key thing was somethig like ''change'' was not enabled, but read and write were, so the old dats could not get deleted. Something like that

regards

J
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community