cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Usins MS SMS for Initial Deployment

I have been asked if SMS could be used to not only deploy the agent, but also VSE 8.5 when we initially deploy. SMS has better bandwidth control and several links have been taken down already. Are there any gotcha's that I'm not thinking of?
Tags (1)
2 Replies

RE: Usins MS SMS for Initial Deployment

Follow-Up Question.....

Will policy enforcment change, if I use McAfee Installation Designer to create a package that that SMS will deploy? So, if a policy or task is changed on the EPO server, then it will apply just like it does right now.....

RE: Usins MS SMS for Initial Deployment

The way of deployment has no influence on policy enforcement by ePO. So: YES you can rollout VirusScan using SMS. Using installation designer you can indeed change the default configuration and add a recent framepkg.exe.

ePO will be able to take control over the sms-rolled-out virusscan installations.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community