cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using ePO Web API to create new client task, but cannot assign new assignment for that task

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to create an ePO API for my company using python. I read the documentation and see that I can import client task using the command: clienttask.importClientTask

I used the web browser to create that task and then assign new assignment for that task. Then I export that task into .xml file. However, after using the clienttask.importClientTask, ePO just create the name "New Task 1" with no assignment attached. The .xml file has the information of the assignment, but I don't know why it does not work.

Please help me, 

Thank you so much

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 2.27.41 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Using ePO Web API to create new client task, but cannot assign new assignment for that task

Jump to solution

I figured it out. To assign task, you need to use clienttask.run to run it with a list of system names that you want to run. There is no direct assignment.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Using ePO Web API to create new client task, but cannot assign new assignment for that task

Jump to solution

Import task function is just that, it only imports a task and nothing else.  The web api scripting guide lists several things regarding client tasks, such as import, export and run.  You can use the help function to find if there are additional available commands for assigning client tasks.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried to look into all the commands in core.help, but I cannot find the one that can create the assignment for the task. Could you please give me some suggestions? I really need this to complete the project for my company.

Thank you so much in advance.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

There is no command that I know of for assigning tasks.

clienttask.export [productId] [fileName] - Exports client tasks
clienttask.find [searchText] - Finds client tasks
clienttask.importClientTask importFileName - Imports client tasks from an XML file.
clienttask.run names productId taskId [retryAttempts] [retryIntervalInSeconds] [abortAfterMinutes] [useAllAgentHandlers] [stopAfterMinutes] [randomizationInterval] - Runs the client task on a supplied list of systems
clienttask.syncShared - Shares client tasks with participating registered servers

You can post in the open source forum to see if anyone has come up with a way to do this. https://community.mcafee.com/t5/McAfee-Open-Source/bd-p/mcafee-open-source

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I figured it out. To assign task, you need to use clienttask.run to run it with a list of system names that you want to run. There is no direct assignment.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community