cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Mcafee upgrade Assistance

Hello All,

Since I don't see the ENS version that I want to analyze in the Mcafee Upgrade Assistance, does this mean, Mcafee Upgrade assistance doesn't analyze a Product in Evaluation Branch?

6 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using Mcafee upgrade Assistance

What version are you running?  Per the 2.3 product guide, you can deploy from any branch.  I would ensure you have the full installer packages in that branch rather than just patches.

Install Endpoint Upgrade Assistant on the McAfee ePO server — Endpoint Upgrade Assistant is a self-contained McAfee ePO extension that is installed by default on some versions of McAfee ePO. If you need to install Endpoint Upgrade Assistant or upgrade to a newer version, you can download the software from the Software Catalog. Installing Endpoint Upgrade Assistant also checks in the Endpoint Upgrade Automation client package to all branches of McAfee ePO. This lets you deploy from any branch. Best practice: Before upgrading, check that you're using latest version of Endpoint Upgrade Assistant, then download and install a newer version if one is available.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

we have version 1.5.0 Minor version 192

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Try the latest version please.  What packages do you have in the other branch?  Are they full install packages?  If you set up a normal deployment task, do they show up as an option for deployment?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

we have a separate deployment folder and it works fine. Not visible in Mcafee Upgrade Drop down.  We can see the old versions in Current and Previous, but not 10.6.1 in evaluation.  I will get the latest version  and try again.

The latest version shows Products in Evaluation. All fixed.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Sweet!!

Was my reply helpful?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.