Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Using McAfee ePO API to apply tag

Is it possible to use the ePO API to apply a tag based upon query another database criteria?

We have an Oracle database that contains our hardware assets.  Within the db it has a system name field and status field.  If possible what I would like to do is query the oracle db and if it finds any system that is within ePO (based on system name) and has a certain status apply a tag witiin ePO.

Any ideas if this can be achieved?

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Using McAfee ePO API to apply tag

I'm sorry, i'd be very surprised if that were possible.

For starters ePO is solely generated around Microsoft Sql.

I doubt you'd even be able to make it recognise the Oracle DB, let alone query it.

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

I haven't tried with the API but I do use the ePOwerShell tool by mischaboender to apply tags.  You could have a PowerShell script query the database and then apply the tag that way.

You can get it from the Tool Exchange...

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4297

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will take a look at ePOwerShell tool.  I will report back what I find.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community