cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
web1b
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Use ePO 4.6 To Trigger On Demand VSE 8.8 Scan after Realtime Detections?

Is there any way to set VSE to automatically launch a full on-demand scan whenever the realtime scanner detects malware?

6 Replies
dr.m
Level 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Use ePO 4.6 To Trigger On Demand VSE 8.8 Scan after Realtime Detections?

No... its not possible to integrate VSE ODS with any real time scanner detections. VSE gies us features like to schdule ODS on a certain time of under certain conditions.

web1b
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Too bad.  We commonly have the users do an on demand scan to check that there is not more malware when there is a realtime detection.

It would be great if this could be automated.

dr.m
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Well i have checked it once again for you, there could be a possibility if you can create a server task to tag systems who generates the event ID '1024' , and as soon as a system got tagged it will run the client task, which will be On-Demand Scan of the tagged systems. After the client task is finished then it will untagged that system. I haved tagged the systems myself generating this event ID but not tested the rest of it. I am sure this might help.

Why couldn't we use your scenario in combination with the "Run Now Task" in ePO 4.6, if the system is online and running MA 4.6 to accomplish this task?

dr.m
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

well "Run Client Task Now" feature will be helpful if you manually tag those system who detect any threat. But with the server task for tagging the systems with that specific Event ID will allow to automatically run on demand scan on the tagged system, making it more automated.

web1b
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

Will this 1024 event only be triggered by a realtime scan?  If it is also triggered by an on-demand scan, then if a user runs a manual on demand scan  and malware is found, it would trigger a second unneeded on demand scan. 

I need to make sure it only runs the automatic on demand scan based on results of a realtime scan.