cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amitg
Level 7

Upgrading to Mcafee engine version 5600 some system still showing 0.0000 in epo.

Hi to all,

After upgrading to Mcafee engine version 5600 some system still showing 0.0000 in epo . I already uninstall and install VSE but it does not solve issue . one of the system formatted and installed VSE again but problem remain same . During installation through epo agent log show that engine version 5600 and latest DAT successfully updated but in the epo it shows 0.0000 for both VSE engine and DAT . Update task failed regularly ie update failed to version 5600 and latest DAT.

Epo version 4.6.3 , VSE version 8.8 patch 1 , agent version 4.6 patch 1

0 Kudos
11 Replies
rackroyd
Level 16

Re: Upgrading to Mcafee engine version 5600 some system still showing 0.0000 in epo.

I'd suggest you open a McAfee support case to have that looked at.

You might want to see if the same happens with a more recent ePO & agent version too.

0 Kudos
roebbu
Level 9

Re: Upgrading to Mcafee engine version 5600 some system still showing 0.0000 in epo.

I have the same problem with some systems. Some are Windows 7 x64 and some XP SP2/SP3.

McAfee Agent 4.6.0.3122

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8.0.975 (Patch 2)

McAfee ePo 4.6.6 (176)

0 Kudos
erpede
Level 9

We got this problem, too.

However, this happens consistently as a result of the automatic deployment task on new machines, regardless whether the clients are running XP or W7 - All that works is:

(1) Manually uninstalling VSE 8.8 via:

psexec \\[machine] -e msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /log %windir%\Temp\McAfee-InstallChange.log /q

(2) Forcing a redeployment via ePO

I'm not sure, at what point this behavior has began. Summer 2013? Our deployment tasks before where working for years without any errors. - There must have been changes made ​​to the setup routines.

McAfee Agent: 4.8.0.887

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise: 8.8.0.975

McAfee ePO: 4.6.0.1029

0 Kudos
ashedge
Level 9

Hi Amitg,

I suggest you list down all your issue and observations and post again or log a case with support get done. because accordigly your post we canot suggest much more.

0 Kudos
eobiont
Level 7

I have this problem too, but only 10 of 15,000+ nodes.  10 client show DAT/Engine as 0.0000

0 Kudos
fperito
Level 7

Hi,

Having the value 0.0000 in ePO suggests two things:

- the Scan Engine upgrade failed effectively making the machine unprotected

- the MA isn't reporting the right value to the ePO server

For item #1, you could easily check it by right-clicking on the McAfee icon on the client machine then click on Help>About.  Whatever the scan engine value that is listed there is the effective version being used by the local machine.  If the same 0.0000 appears, then it means that the scan engine upgrade to 5600 failed.  What version is the VSE running on this machine anyway?  Do remember that this issue is normally observed on VSE 8.7i machines and earlier.

For item#2, you could try to redeploy the MA on the machine and see if it rectifies the issue.

HTH,

Fred

0 Kudos
sujitjha
Level 7

We are also facing same issue in our organisation. but it seems McAfee has failed to provide solution on this, However we have checked all possilble steps like uninstallation of VSE and uninstalled full McAfee products including MA but again after few days, it is getting roll-back to DAT 0.0000 and engine 0.0000.

0 Kudos
andrep1
Level 14

If the local file report the 5600 engine but it is not reported by the McAfee agent, the quickest we found is to remove the mcafee agent ( frminst /forceuninstall ) then reinstall the framepkg.exe. Whole thing takes a few seconds.

Manually forcing an update locally was also a winner for many of our machines.

somd55
Level 7

Andre,

That always works and should be the first thing attempted as it saves a lots of man hours wasted in trying to troubleshoot these kind of problem.

Som

0 Kudos