Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjmcpu
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading to EPO 5.10 from EPO 5.9.1

Jump to solution

Quick questions - previously I didn't upgrade to EPO 5.10 because there were issues with the build and was told I should wait.

I was looking for the hotfix for 5.9.1 (1260432) but can't find it in downloads but saw EPO5.10 refresh2

Basically - should I find the hotfix for 5.9.1 or trust the 5.10 EPO and install that?

I see EPO5.10.0 Refresh 2 version in the downloads (Sept 18th).  Is this the latest build?  and will I need to patch this?

Also - is 5.10 compatible with SQL Server Management Studio 17?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjmcpu
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Re: Upgrading to EPO 5.10 from EPO 5.9.1

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  Found the hotfix after unchecking show only latest versions. 

Decided to install the hotfix for 5.9.1 instead of installing 5.10 - will wait for next version.  

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

When you went to your grant download page, did you uncheck the box that states "show latest versions". If you uncheck this, then you will see the McAfee ePO 5.9 listed. Can't answer about ePO 5.10 as persoanlly I prefer to wait for the the one with all the bug fixes like 5.11 or 5.10.1 when it gets released.

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.19.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.19.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-29 at 9.20.23 AM.png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

You can go to 5.10, then install update 2 after you upgrade to 5.10.  It has a lot of fixes in it for initial issues that were found.

However, that is your choice.  The latest 5.9.1 hotfixes should also be available on download page, as it was suggested to uncheck show only latest versions.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

jjmcpu
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.  Found the hotfix after unchecking show only latest versions. 

Decided to install the hotfix for 5.9.1 instead of installing 5.10 - will wait for next version.  

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community