cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading the ePO in the production environment

Hi All,

Need your help to share an experience on upgrading the ePO version while your ePO running in the live environment and already used to mannage all your McAfee agent and clients.

I need to upgrade my ePO from verion 4 to version 4.5 (newest patch).

My question is, if im not do back up my database and just do upgrade and install the newest version of ePO, is all my agent on my system tree and all my policies for all module will be lost?

Can you guys share with me the best practice to update the ePO version while running in the live environment?

Thanks & Kind Regards

4 Replies
Namster
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrading the ePO in the production environment

Using the upgrade function should migrate all your settings. Things shouldn't be lost.

Namster,

Thanks for your answer, it means that i just can install the newest patch and the new version ePO and my configuration shouldnt be lost?

Thanks

Namster
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

It shouldn't. We're upgrading here at my work..and we have lots of ePO servers. But it's good practice to backup the database if it's valuable to you.

The things you should look out for are to see if certain extensions may not be compatible with ePO 4.5.

Namster,

Thanks for your explanation and sharing. may be i will back up the db first and try to just install the newest version and patch.

So i dont have to be worried then.

Thanks