Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ptulloch
Level 9

Upgrading from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2

Jump to solution

Hello

I would like to upgrade the ePO from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2 (running on Server 2012 R2).  Is there anything I need to consider before beginning?  I have taken a backup. Do I run the UpgradeCompatibility.exe and assuming it's all good just run setup.exe?

Software Manager lists a few hotfixes for 5.3.2.  Do I just install the latest one after the upgrade?

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cyberbm
Level 9

Re: Upgrading from 5.3.0 to 5.3.2

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

there are a number of good KBs to follow whenever you're doing an ePO upgrade.

First is McAfee Corporate KB - Supported upgrade paths for ePolicy Orchestrator KB86693

then McAfee Corporate KB - ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.x supported products KB82836

then McAfee Corporate KB - kb66616

if you follow those KBs even if you face any issues during the upgrade, you would have all necessary backups to perform disaster recovery and restore to previous state.

Take the backups just before the upgrade activities and don't forget to take a backup of your database.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am doing the same, were did you get the download for 5.3.2 I seem to only get the option for 5.9

Cheers

Roger

0 Kudos
twenden
Level 13

Jump to solution

when you log in with your grant number, the older versions show up under the tab called "All versions" as shown below.

0 Kudos
ptulloch
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Roger

I downloaded it directly from Software Manager on the ePO.  Under Management Solutions, then McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.  Once selected you can download 5.3.2.156.  This is also where I'm seeing a number of hotfixes for 5.3.2.

Paul

Jump to solution

Thanks Paul.

0 Kudos
cyberbm
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Paul,

there are a number of good KBs to follow whenever you're doing an ePO upgrade.

First is McAfee Corporate KB - Supported upgrade paths for ePolicy Orchestrator KB86693

then McAfee Corporate KB - ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.x supported products KB82836

then McAfee Corporate KB - kb66616

if you follow those KBs even if you face any issues during the upgrade, you would have all necessary backups to perform disaster recovery and restore to previous state.

Take the backups just before the upgrade activities and don't forget to take a backup of your database.

0 Kudos
ptulloch
Level 9

Jump to solution

Many thanks cyberbm, I will look these over and take another backup just before I attempt the upgrade.

Paul

ptulloch
Level 9

Jump to solution

I've run this upgrade and it seems to have gone well.  I'm now up and running on v 5.3.2.  As mentioned in the original post, the ePO Software Manager lists a number of hotfixes for 5.3.2.  Should I install all of them?  Are they cumulative - can I just install the one with the highest version number?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
cyberbm
Level 9

Jump to solution

normally all available hotfixes are included in the next release, in this case if there are say 5 HFs for version 5.3.2 you have to install them all one by one and if you don't when you 5.2.3 becomes available and you upgrade to it, it will include all those 5 HFs.

0 Kudos